Antiestrogens, drugs which prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogens frequently used by athletes, anabolic steroids. Some of the steroids tends aromatization converting an excessive amount of testosterone in female sex hormones. To avoid this and at the same time, there are no side effects associated with the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, bodybuilders use substances with anti-estrogen activity. The most common drugs of this group is Clomid and Nolvadex, the problem of choosing between which often occurs in athletes.
General classification antiestrogens
To distinguish drugs with anti-estrogen activity according to the following classification:
- selective modulators of this group are considered medicine Nolvadex and Clomid;
- aromatase inhibitors, these include medicines such as Letrozole or Anastrozole;
- anti-estrogenic substances from a different direction.
Important! Any of the classes of the group of antiestrogens is forbidden in the traditional medicine, as recognized that their use can cause various side effects and development of pathological processes in the body. Deciding to use this group of medications, consult with a qualified professional. Read more
Both drugs Nolvadex, tamoxifen is the active substance and Clomid (clomiphene) belong to a common group of antiestrogens – trifeniletilenov. Their principle is similar effects, they block formation of estrogen, by binding to receptors. Also leads to increased synthesis of luteinizing hormone by the pituitary gland and stimulates the self-similar effect testosterone production.
In Belgium, in the seventies, the experiment was conducted, there were male, both healthy and those who have had a oligospermia. The purpose of the study is the impact of drugs on the endocrine system. The group studied who took 20 mg of Nolvadex. within ten days, we improved the performance level of its own production of testosterone by 142%. The same effect with the minor difference for the better and showed Clomid, for the same period of time, but the dosage was significantly higher and amounted to 150 mg per day. Approximately the same amount must be paid for 50 mg. Clomid and 20 mg. Nolvadex. According to these findings, visible differences between drugs, especially with respect to the index price – quality.
Differences between drugs
Clomid creates a direct effect on estrogen receptors only in the ovaries and pituitary gland, thus it does not affect the level of these hormones in the blood. Nolvadex also not able to influence the level of estrogens in serum, but it blocked the action of all the receptors, not selective, in contrast to Clomid. Tamoxifen binds to the estrogen receptor and all muscle tissue as well, and it does Clomid selectively only in the testes and pituitary.
There are the following differences between drugs:
- Novaldeks has minimal effect on the pituitary gland, but also enhances the production of testosterone as clomiphene;
- Tamoxifen significantly less cost;
- Novaldeks blokiret estrogen throughout the body, Clomid – none;
- Novaldeks has the ability to lower cholesterol;
- Clomid have fewer side effects;
- Clomid affects the level of globulin toward its increase, which prevents muscle gain.
How to take drugs?
Use of drugs with antiestrogenic activity tend to be start from the second week of the course anabolics and ends after 2-3 weeks after steroid cycle. Regarding the appointment of Tamoxifen recommended per day is 10-20 mg. If used during the course of steroids, which have no effect aromatization applied antiestrogen during the cycle is not necessary, it may include two weeks after completing the course, to aftertreatment therapy.
On the medical side, the recommended dosage for the use of Clomid in the sport does not exist, but the case studies brought out the optimum amount of material required per day. The average dosage of 50 to 100 mg. per day, required a one-time appointment of the day, course duration is two weeks from 7-10 at the end of a cycle of steroids.
Both medication belong to a group and found illegal drugs in doping control. Timeframe possible detection range from three to six months depending on the type of ongoing laboratory research.
The negative side of both antiestrogens
There are the following common negative aspects of the use of medicines:
- impair the performance of insulin like growth factor;
- globulin increases;
- adversely affect the function of the testes;
- increase the concentration of female sex hormones;
- may cause visual impairment if the drug is abused.
The negative side of Nolvadex
Despite the fact that the anti-estrogen is better blocked and estrogens on many points is preferred, it is much more adverse symptoms. Possible negative manifestations of Tamoxifen:
- reduction in weight of testicles and prostate cancer;
- development of impotence and infertility as a consequence of the preceding paragraph;
- pathological changes in the liver, resulting in prolonged use;
- reduction in the number of leukocytes in the blood;
- lowering glucose levels;
- long reception may cause the development of gallstones and bile stasis in the ducts;
- It increases the possibility of occurrence of fractures and dislocations, but also can cause osteoporosis.
Despite the fact that the preparation contributes to lower cholesterol levels, the cardiovascular system affect it adversely. It may cause a heart attack or coronary heart disease. It is also marked by an increased risk of a tumor and faster they grew up, long-term increase in volume in the body of steroid hormones. Read more
The negative side of Clomid
The advantage over tamoxifen, a smaller number of adverse events, and as a rule they are reversible, ending at the end of the drug.
There are the following possible complications:
- hair loss;
- loss of efficiency, weakness;
- nausea, possible vomiting;
- discomfort in the digestive tract;
Of the more serious negative manifestations celebrate vision problems, they may develop if not control use of the drug.
Which of anti-estrogen drugs Clomid and Nolvadex to choose, and perhaps a third, lesser-known version of this solution in any case is yours. Remember that any drug can cause side effects, but as a rule, such phenomena are the result of abuse doses of medications. Use only the recommended dosage, it will prevent the development of pathological processes and thus allow to achieve the desired goal set before the anti-estrogen.